HELEN SMITH FREE WORKSHOPS FOR KIDS
The Delaplaine offers free workshops that explore various artists and art techniques throughout history. These workshops are a part of our Community Outreach Initiative and are made possible through donations from the Helen L. Smith Scholarship Fund for Children and the Arts at the Community Foundation of Frederick County. Helen Smith Free Workshops for Kids are held on first Saturdays, 1–3 pm.
See below for health and safety protocols and guidelines.
Preregistration is required. Registration opens at noon on the Tuesday two weeks prior to each workshop. Submitting a registration request is not a guarantee of enrollment. You will receive confirmation one way or the other by Friday. Space is limited, and preference is given to first-time participants.
The Helen Smith Workshops are geared for children. No unauthorized visitors are permitted. Parents are welcome to visit the galleries while the workshops are in session.
PLEASE NOTE: Classes, times, and location (on-site and online) are subject to change.
Music-Inspired Still Life Paintings (Ages 6-8)
Create still life paintings inspired by music and photography! Follow your senses and use a variety of media to create your masterpieces based on the genre of music you’re listening to.
Helen Smith Registration RequestYour registration will be confirmed via email in 1-3 business days. Submission of this form is not a guarantee of enrollment. Note: Space is limited. Preference will be given to first-time participants.
Health & Safety Protocols
The Delaplaine is following health and safety protocols recommended by local, state, and federal agencies. Students are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Before coming to class, be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. If you or a member of your household have any of these symptoms, stay home.
- While at the Delaplaine:
- Face masks are required at all times, including inside classrooms.
- The Delaplaine is practicing physical distancing in all areas. Please stay 6’ apart from others at all times and respect the Delaplaine’s guidelines for moving through the building and spacing apart.
- Avoid sharing items and materials with others as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially: after using the restroom; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; after touching items shared with others.
- Avoid eating in the classroom. If you must have something to eat, wash hands before and after doing so.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Delaplaine staff will be disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and shared items after each class.
Please contact us with any questions.
Support youth arts education!
The Art of Giving