CLASSES & WORKSHOPS FOR TEENS & ADULTS
Registration for our Winter semester is now open!
PLEASE NOTE: Dates of each class may change as we receive health advisory updates.
The Delaplaine is following health and safety protocols recommended by local, state, and federal agencies. Students are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Before coming to class, be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. If you or a member of your household have any of these symptoms, stay home.
- While at the Delaplaine:
- Face masks are required at all times, including inside classrooms.
- The Delaplaine is practicing physical distancing in all areas. Please stay 6’ apart from others at all times and respect the Delaplaine’s guidelines for moving through the building and spacing apart.
- Avoid sharing items and materials with others as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially: after using the restroom; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; after touching items shared with others.
- Avoid eating in the classroom. If you must have something to eat, wash hands before and after doing so.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Delaplaine staff will be disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and shared items after each class.
Please contact us with any questions.
On each media page, courses are listed chronologically by start date. Click on course titles for full descriptions and tuition information. If the course you’re looking for is not listed, please call 301-698-0656, ext. 110 to add your name to a waiting list.
- Drawing from a Cast with Lesa Cook – begins January 14 (6 weeks)
- Painting Abstracts MINI-SESSION with Ed Ramsburg – begins December 2 (3 weeks)
- Guided Personal Directions MINI-SESSION with John Kachik – begins December 4 (3 weeks)
- Oil Painting Materials and Methods with Christopher Madden – January 9 (1-day workshop)
- Still Life Painting with Lee Newman – begins January 12 (8 weeks)
- Painting Abstracts with Ed Ramsburg – begins January 12 and also January 13 (9 weeks)
- Watercolor and Wet Media with John Kachik – begins January 13 (6 weeks)
- Guided Personal Directions with John Kachik – begins January 15 (9 weeks)
- Poured Painting (virtual class with video) with Janet Arsenault – begins February 2 (6 weeks)
- Intermediate Jewelry with Gina Copanzzi – begins January 11 (9 weeks)
- Beginning Jewelry with Gina Copanzzi – begins January 12 (9 weeks)
- Creating with Metal with Sukey Rankin – begins January 14 (9 weeks)
- Golden Embellishments with Kuem-Boo with Sukey Rankin – January 30 (1-day workshop)
- Absolutely Riveting with Sukey Rankin – February 7 (1-day workshop)
- Metalsmithing Basics with Sukey Rankin – February 21 (1-day workshop)
- Figure Sculpture with Lesa Cook – begins January 11 (9 weeks)
- Make a Wooden Toolbox with Mark Palmquist – January 9 (1-day workshop) — 14 and up
- Make Your Own Skateboard or Cutting Board with Mark Palmquist – January 16 (1-day workshop) — 14 and up
- Please see our YOUTH page for Intro to Woodworking workshops for Grades 5-8 in December and January
- Interpretive Costume Design for ages 12-16 with Virginia Warwick – begins January 10 (3 weeks)
- Please see our YOUTH page for two exciting one-day family workshops!
Support visual arts education!
The Art of Giving