CLASSES & WORKSHOPS FOR TEENS & ADULTS
Registration for our Spring semester is OPEN!
PLEASE NOTE: Dates of each class may change as we receive health advisory updates.
The Delaplaine is following health and safety protocols recommended by local, state, and federal agencies. Students are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Before coming to class, be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. If you or a member of your household have any of these symptoms, stay home.
- While at the Delaplaine:
- Face masks are required at all times, including inside classrooms.
- The Delaplaine is practicing physical distancing in all areas. Please stay 6’ apart from others at all times and respect the Delaplaine’s guidelines for moving through the building and spacing apart.
- Avoid sharing items and materials with others as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially: after using the restroom; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; after touching items shared with others.
- Avoid eating in the classroom. If you must have something to eat, wash hands before and after doing so.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Delaplaine staff will be disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and shared items after each class.
Please contact us with any questions.
On each media page, courses are listed chronologically by start date. Click on course titles for full descriptions and tuition information. If the course you’re looking for is not listed, please call 301-698-0656, ext. 110 to add your name to a waiting list.
Are You a Delaplaine Member?
Delaplaine members receive a $25 discount on tuition! If you would like to join or renew your membership before registering for an upcoming class or workshop, click here.
- Drawing with Varied Surfaces with Virginia Warwick – begins April 6
- Exploring Pastels with Jodie Schmidt – begins May 13
- Absolutely Riveting with Sukey Rankin – April 14 workshop
- Metalsmithing Basics: Bobbles and Adornments with Sukey Rankin – April 21 workshop
- Adorn Yourself with Creativity with Sukey Rankin – May 12 workshop
- Still Life Beginning -Intermediate Painting with Lee Newman – begins April 6 – CLASS IS FULL
- Watercolor and Wet Media with John Kachik – begins April 7
- Painting Abstracts Open Studio with Ed Ramburg – begins April 7 – CLASS IS FULL
- Beginning Oil Painting with Tom Semmes – begins April 8 – CLASS IS FULL
- Guided Personal Directions in the Studio with John Kachik – begins April 9 – CLASS IS FULL
- Photos to Paintings: An Exploration in Oil Painting with Virginia Warwick – this class now begins May 15
- Pet Portraits in Oil with Lesa Cook – begins April 11
- Painting Abstracts Open Studio Mini-Session (3) with Ed Ramsburg – begins May 22 – CLASS IS FULL
- Night Photo Walk with Michael Hunter Thompson – May 8 workshop
- Please see our YOUTH page for an Intro to Woodworking workshop for Grades 5-8
- Collage Techniques with Deb Winram – begins April 5
- Introduction to the Visual Journal with David Modeler – May 1/2 workshop
- Introduction to Monotypes with Priya Vadhyar – May 22/29 workshop
- Trace Monotypes with Priya Vadhyar – June 12 workshop
- TASK Workshop – Collaborative Mischief and Mayhem with David Modler – June 12/13 workshop
Support visual arts education!
The Art of Giving