CLASSES & WORKSHOPS FOR TEENS & ADULTS
Registration for our Fall 2021 semester is now OPEN!
PLEASE NOTE: Dates of each class may change as we receive health advisory updates.
The Delaplaine is following health and safety protocols recommended by local, state, and federal agencies. Students are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Before coming to class, be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. If you or a member of your household have any of these symptoms, stay home.
- While at the Delaplaine:
- Face masks are required at all times, including inside classrooms.
- The Delaplaine is practicing physical distancing in all areas. Please stay 6’ apart from others at all times and respect the Delaplaine’s guidelines for moving through the building and spacing apart.
- Avoid sharing items and materials with others as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially: after using the restroom; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; after touching items shared with others.
- Avoid eating in the classroom. If you must have something to eat, wash hands before and after doing so.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Delaplaine staff will be disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and shared items after each class.
Please contact us with any questions.
On each media page, courses are listed chronologically by start date. Click on course titles for full descriptions and tuition information. If the course you’re looking for is not listed, please call 301-698-0656, ext. 110 to add your name to a waiting list.
Are You a Delaplaine Member?
Delaplaine members receive a $25 discount on tuition! If you would like to join or renew your membership before registering for an upcoming class or workshop, click here.
- Draw and Play Here Visual Journal Exchange with David Modler – workshop July 31/Aug 1 – 15 & up
- Experimental Approaches to Drawing with David Modler – workshop August 21/22 – 14 & up
- Beginning Pastel with Jodie Schmidt – 5 Thursdays beginning September 9 – 16 & up
- Drawing in the Style of Bettie Edwards with Jodie Schmidt – 8 Mondays beginning September 20 – 16 & up
- Beginning Jewelry with Georgina Copanzzi – 9 Tuesdays beginning September 14 – 16 & up
- Intermediate Jewelry with Georgina Copanzzi – 9 Mondays beginning September 13 – 16 & up
- Piece, Texture, and Embellish with Sukey Rankin – 4 Wednesdays beginning September 8 – 16 & up
- Riveted Cuff (for teens) with Sukey Rankin – 4 Thursdays beginning September 9 – ages 13-18
- Metalsmithing Basics: Bobbles and Adornments (for teens) with Sukey Rankin – 2 Wednesdays beginning October 6– ages 13-18
- Hoops and Bangles with Sukey Rankin – 2 Thursdays beginning October 7 – 16 & up
- Sustaining an Artistic Practice Through Visual Journals with David Modler – workshop August 14/15 – 15 & up
- The Art of Collage with Deb Winram – workshop August 14 – 16 & up
- Express Yourself with Mixed Media (for teens) with Lauren Koch – 8 Wednesdays beginning September 15 – ages 13-18
- Collage Techniques with Deb Winram – 9 Thursdays beginning September 9 – 16 & up
- Collage Techniques with Deb Winram – 9 Mondays beginning September 13 – 16 & up
- Embroidered Botany: Hand Stitching and Water Soluble Stabilizer with Amanda McCavour, 2021 Contemporary Innovations Exhibiting Artist – October 30 and 31 – 15& up
- Color and Light with Watercolor with Janet Arsenault – 6 Mondays beginning September 13 – adults
- Guided Personal Directions in the Studio with John Kachik – 14 Fridays beginning September 10 – 16 & up
- Watercolor and Wet Media with John Kachik – 6 Wednesdays beginning September 8 – 16& up
- Painting Abstracts with Calvin Edward Ramsburg – 15 Wednesdays beginning September 8 – adults
- Painting Abstracts with Calvin Edward Ramsburg – 9 Thursdays beginning September 9 – adults
- Painting Abstracts with Calvin Edward Ramsburg – 4 Saturdays beginning October 9 – adults
- Get your Feet Wet with Watercolor with Lauren Koch – 4 Sundays beginning September 26 – adults
- Still Life Painting with Lee Newman – 8 Tuesdays beginning September 14 – 14 & up
- Oil Painting for Beginners with Tom Semmes – 6 Thursdays beginning October 14 – 14 & up
What’s App’ning? with Carol Leadbetter – weekend workshop September 11 & 12 – adults
- Self-portrait in Clay with Lesa Cook – workshop August 15 – 17 & up
- Sculpting the Portrait with Lesa Cook – 8 Tuesdays/Thursdays beginning September 14 – 15 & up
- Figure Sculpture in Clay with Lesa Cook – 8 Tuesdays/Thursdays beginning October 12– 15 & up
Please see our Youth Classes page for:
- an Intro to Woodworking weekend workshop for grades 5-8
- a Soft Sculpture Embroidery Exploration 1-day workshop for children ages 9-12
Support visual arts education!
The Art of Giving