CLASSES & WORKSHOPS FOR TEENS & ADULTS
Registration for our Fall semester is now open!
PLEASE NOTE: Dates of each class may change as we receive health advisory updates.
The Delaplaine is following health and safety protocols recommended by local, state, and federal agencies. Students are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Before coming to class, be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. If you or a member of your household have any of these symptoms, stay home.
- While at the Delaplaine:
- Face masks are required at all times, including inside classrooms.
- The Delaplaine is practicing physical distancing in all areas. Please stay 6’ apart from others at all times and respect the Delaplaine’s guidelines for moving through the building and spacing apart.
- Avoid sharing items and materials with others as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially: after using the restroom; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; after touching items shared with others.
- Avoid eating in the classroom. If you must have something to eat, wash hands before and after doing so.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Delaplaine staff will be disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and shared items after each class.
Please contact us with any questions.
On each media page, courses are listed chronologically by start date. Click on course titles for full descriptions and tuition information. If the course you’re looking for is not listed, please call 301-698-0656, ext. 110 to add your name to a waiting list.
- Night Photo Walk with exhibiting artist Michael Hunter Thompson
- Exploring iPhone Photography with Carol Leadbetter
- Intro. to Digital Photography (Virtual Class) with Jeff Greer
- Fundamentals of Art with Virginia Warwick
- Starting Points: Oil Painting with Virginia Warwick
- Painting the Self Portrait: Oil on Copper with Lesa Cook
- Figure Painting in Oil with Tom Semmes
- Guided Personal Directions with John Kachik – CLASS FULL
- Watercolor and Wet Media with John Kachik
- Painting Abstracts with Ed Ramsburg – CLASS FULL
- Drawing the Head: From Anatomy to Expression with Lesa Cook
- Drawing from the Masters: Copying Master Drawings with Lesa Cook
- Introduction to Drawing on Varied Surfaces with Virginia Warwick
- Making Fun: The Art of Caricature with Chris Madden
- Basic Drawing with Chris Madden
- Experimental Drawing with Water-soluble Graphite with Priya Vadhyar
- Beginning Jewelry with Gina Copanzzi
- Intermediate Jewelry with Gina Copanzzi
- Starting Points Jewelry with Sukey Rankin
- Metalsmithing Basics: Bobbles and Adornments with Sukey Rankin
- Make Your Own Skateboard or Cutting Board with Mark Palmquist
Support visual arts education!
The Art of Giving