The Delaplaine Arts Center is Hiring!
Summer Youth Program Assistants (2)
Essential responsibilities: The Summer Youth Program assistants are responsible for the general safety and development of summer program participants (ages 6 – 16) while supporting high quality art experiences in a small group setting.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Know and understand all emergency procedures associated with the summer youth program;
• Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the summer youth program. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers safety and their whereabouts at all times;
• Identify and respond to camper behavior issues;
• Ensure activity areas are kept clean and organized;
• Monitor before care or after care participants as needed;
• Monitor lunch hour participants;
• Assist summer program instructors as a classroom aide as needed; assists children with projects, art supply distribution, and classroom management under the direction of summer youth instructors;
• Organize and replenish Education Department art supplies and materials as directed by the Manager of Instruction; assist with art material preparation as needed; assist with classroom cleaning and resetting at the end of each week.
• Summer Youth Program Assistants are supervised by the Director of Education.
Minimum age 18
Background check required (provided by the Delaplaine).
Education classes or experiences in camp, youth programs, or working with children in a related field.
Ability to lead, plan, and implement before or after care activities.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
Strong organizational and communication skills.
College students with art and/or education major preferred.
Current CPR certification preferred.
Terms of Employment: Temporary, seasonal, part time position
Start date Monday, June 26, 2017
- Summer Youth Programs run Monday through Friday, from June 26, 2017 – August 11th, 2017 (with the exception of July 4)
- Morning assistant hours are from 8:30am-1pm.
- Afternoon assistant hours are from 1-5:30pm.
- Compensation is $12/hour
All activities are located at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center.
To Apply: Send the following materials to Janet Ibrahim, Instruction Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Contact information, including name, email address, and phone number of 3 references
Deadline: May 1, 2017
The Delaplaine relies on the enthusiasm and dedication of its many interns and volunteers to help sustain the arts center. Join us in our mission of providing the Frederick region with educational opportunities and experiences in the visual arts while gaining skills and knowledge in various aspects of nonprofit arts!
Internships are available year round for high school and college students who are enrolled in internship programs through their schools. The Delaplaine does not offer paid internships. Intern positions are offered on an as-needed basis and typically correspond to the needs of the Delaplaine’s Education, Marketing, or Exhibit offices. If you are not enrolled in a paid or for-credit internship program but would like to become more involved at the Delaplaine, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Margie Mott.
APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR INTERNSHIPS
- Current résumé
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for three (3) recommenders
Internship application materials should be sent to Janet Ibrahim, Instruction Manager via email or to 40 S. Carroll St., Frederick MD 21701